Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week in the Life 2015 {Saturday}

Friday night we made a plan to get up early Saturday morning and head out to our favorite Farmer's Market.

I love my new shirt from Target. Its light and flowy, and will transition into fall perfectly with a cardigan and jeans, or leggings and my denim jacket.

We had to stop at the bank on our way to the market. Fortunately, its on the way!

The view from our bus ride - Wrigley Field.

Everything looked great at the market. We ended up with heirloom cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, an eggplant and peaches.

And a croissant. Because we always have to get a croissant. Or, more accurately, I always have to get a croissant. AJ usually gets a pastry. This time he got a plum and cheese danish that he said was delicious!

While we were waiting for our train, I tried to take a picture of our shoes. It didn't work out exactly how I imagined, but I love how it turned out!

When AJ and I were in New York last month, he made guacamole with this flavor packet from the grocery store. So he really wanted to do it again, but we couldn't find the flavor packet anywhere in our store. Honestly, our store is small and (because of that, I think), they don't have a variety of items. It can be very frustrating.

He ended up buying the fresh made guacamole from the deli!

I, on the other hand, don't like guacamole, but I do love fruit snacks!

Dinner tonight was nachos (hence the guacamole debacle). I usually just make them in the microwave, but I decided to be fancy and do them in the oven.

We spent the rest of the night enjoying our nachos and watching The Unauthorized Full House Story on Lifetime.

I can't believe it is Sunday already and this project is coming to an end today. I'm hoping to keep up some level of daily documenting (although probably not to this extent!) as we move forward into the rest of the year, since I was so severely lacking in that department this summer!


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

3 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I hope you do keep posting when you can. I've so enjoyed this series!! Those nachos look so good. I love guacamole. My neighbor made some with a flavor packet at book club and I haven't been able to find the stuff either! Those tomatoes look so good. The farmer's market sounds like a great one. I love the photo of the three of you. So cute!

Becky said...

I love the "shoe" shot! Haha! What a fun saturday! Those nachos look so good!

Dawn Gross said...

Farmers Market looks awesome! Wish we had a good one here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...