Monday, July 11, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Every summer for the past 16 years my family has spent a week at the Jersey Shore (but not like the show at all!). We used to stay in a house with three of my dad's best friends from childhood and their families. But, my brother and I are a bit older than everyone else's kids (my parents were the first to get married and have kids) and it got hard for all of us to fit into one room, as we had to do in the house with everyone. So, now we stay in our own apartment a few blocks away, and meet up with everyone else on the beach during the day, and sometimes go back to their house after dinner. It works really well for us, because we still get to see everyone, but we all get the space of our own room! Plus, it allowed another family to come in and take our old spot, so another two kids get to grow up with the same great experience!

Today was a perfect vacation day, hanging out on the beach with everyone, swimming in the Atlantic (which feels like a bath tub after that heat wave in June!), family dinner, chilling out and watching Master Chef as I type.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures from our vacation so far!

 The view from our deck!

 A shelf from my favorite (incredibly fancy) market!

 New York Jersey bagels, still warm from the oven.

 My mom with a bottle of Pino Grigio. Don't worry, that wasn't all for us, we were sharing with all the ladies on the beach (6 of us to be exact!)

My dad and his boogie board (his favorite beach past time!) This was one of my favorite pictures to take, as I was standing in the ocean, up to my waist, shooting away!

1 comment:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what great photos! looks awesome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...