Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {2 25 2012}


On Friday, AJ had most of the day off, but he had to run to work for about two hours, and I took the day off.

He asked me to go for a walk by the lake to take pictures of the skyline after he got home from work. But turns out, he didn't actually go to work, and he had a very special question to ask me :)





Crossed
 We crossed Lake Shore Drive to get this picture of the skyline from across the lake.

A Glimpse
I got a glimpse of this duck just as he took off from the water!

Handwritten
I hand wrote our version of Friday. AJ is going to write his this week so I can create a he said/she said scrapbook page about our engagement.
Mine says:
"AJ took the day off on Friday, but he had to go in for two hours (side note: he did not go to work, he went to get my ring). I took the day off too, so when he got back from work, we went for a picture walk along the bulkhead by North Ave. AJ asked me to take his picture in front of the skyline, then he looked at the picture and asked me to take it again. While I was getting ready to take his picture, he took off his gloves and said, "Wait, I think I have something for you." I thought I knew what he had, and my heart skipped a beat. I asked, "What are you doing? Are you doing what I think you are doing?!" He knelt down and said, "Do you remember how I told you I knew I loved you the night we met? Well, I knew something else too. Whill you marry me?" I said yes and AJ and I kissed right next to the lake, with our city skyline watching over us. It was absolutely perfect."

Bliss
Just after we got back from our walk on Friday (because I may have been so dazed that I forgot to take a picture of us by the lake!)

Gray
The sky was very gray, but my engagement ring is very sparkly!!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well! I'll be back tomorrow with more A Day in the Life later this week, and a catch up on how that whole make your own bakers twine thing worked out!

26 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Your ring is gorgeous and you both deserve all the happiness in the world!!

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your ring sure makes the gray picture feel all warm and fuzzy. Love your skyline shot!

Cedar said...

Congratulations! Exciting news and your ring is beautiful! Love your take on handwritten!

Kim Stevens said...

Well, congratulations!! Nothing sparkles up a gray day like a diamond!! ; )

Andrea Dawn said...

Adding my congratulations, too. How exciting! Love your skyline shot.

leanne can blog said...

WOW, how wonderfully romantic. Congratulations!

Jen said...

Congrats!

SarahinSC said...

OMG!!! COngrats Katie! That is so wonderful. Wahooooo!!!!! Let the wedding planning begin!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Congrats! What a wonderful series, and I love the "he said she said" Have SO much fun planning your wedding. Your ring is lovely.

Ashley Sisk said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh congratulations. I got a little teary eyed. Such wonderful news.

Becky said...

This is THE MOST FANTASTIC news EVER!!!!! Congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for you and know how much you've been looking forward to this and it sounds like it was wonderful! Your ring is beautiful and I can't wait for all the wedding crafty things you'll be posting! :)

PS good job AJ!

Stasha said...

Congratulations Katie and AJ. Proposal during photo taking-doesn't get any better then that.

Christy said...

Congratualations!!! How cool is that? Very nice set this week and you'll cherish them forever.

Schell said...

So sweet, congratulations to you two! How exciting too, I loved planning and getting ready for my wedding :0) Hugs!

Bek said...

Aww, congratulations!! What a great engagement story!

Patrice said...

Great shots - love your Handwritten and congratulations!!!

angela said...

Beautiful ring! Tons of happiness to the both of you!

Ebony said...

Awww that is such a sweet story of your engagement! Congratulations! Love your sparkling ring pic... the man did well :)

Christine E-E said...

what an incredibly HAPPY post.

Tracy said...

OMG congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sitting here reading this with tears in my eyes I am so happy for you.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh how exiting! Congratulations Katie!

Chie said...

lovely pictures and interpretations...i like all of it..esp. the last two. so sweet! I hear wedding bells ringing

Mary Jo said...

Congratulations!!!!
Sweet story :)

Chrystal Oates said...

Congrats! Great photos.

Brooke said...

YAHOOO! Congratulations to you both. You guys are just so cute ;D YEAH, a wedding to plan. How exciting!!!!

Christina said...

Holy smokes! Congratulations!! So happy for you-your ring is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...