Thursday, June 14, 2012

Welcome Summer

Its finally summer. This year, I get exactly 8 weeks (totally different from the 10 I'd get in New York!)

Last year, I had a rough summer. I was searching for a job, away from my family for the first time and trying to navigate the changes in my relationship with AJ in going from long distance to living together. This year, I have a job, I have a great circle of friends here in Chicago and AJ and I are developing a stronger relationship every day.

With everything else in place, I'm planning on taking full advantage of our last summer in Chicago and our last summer of being just a 5 minute walk from the beach!

Ali Edwards wrote a summer manifesto a few weeks ago, and in it, she mentioned a summer list.

This year, I'm making my own summer list. Each of these things is something I can actually do, that won't cost any money, so there is no reason for me not to do them! And, it will help me fill up my days while everyone else is at work, so I don't get bored!

Eat lunch on the beach, with a coke from a can
Go to restore yoga
Bike the lakefront trail
Have my morning tea on the roof
Read
Get a tan
Get a library card in Chicago
Clean and reorganize the bedroom
Make homemade ice pops
Scrapbook
Go to the farmer's market
Take pictures
Finish the blue and white blanket
Hang out by the pool in Cutchogue
Drink a vanilla coke

I'm sure I will think of things to add to the list as the summer goes on. But right now, on the first day of summer, it seems absolutely perfect :)

5 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love doing a summer list. Yours sounds wonderful and relaxing! You deserve it. Wow you had quite the summer last year. I'm glad you're in a good place with everything and can really enjoy it. I'm so jealous of the 5 minute WALK to the beach!! :)

angela said...

I'm happy you had a great year in Chicago, but we miss you in NY! Thinking of you!

Becky said...

Your list sounds absolutely perfect Katie! Can't wait to follow along with your summer and see how your list progresses!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Love your list Katie- looks like a fun summer!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a perfect list...especially the first one, teehee.
I should do this, but with my girls all having jobs and some of them needing rides to and from, my time seems to revolve around them :)
I do enjoy eating my lunch outside under the gazebo though, but its going to have to be with water ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...