Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The CTA Chronicles

After Tracy's story about the bus the other day, I was inspired the make a layout about some of my crazy bus stories!

I don't normally make single pages, or 8.5 x 11 layouts, but since I am now using a D-ring album, I can do things like this so much more easily than before!

The part that says "The CTA Chronicles" pops open to reveal my two craziest bus stories!

The journaling:

The Pantless Man

One morning, I got on the ## bus to school. I sat near the front, since I was getting off the bus soon. It was packed! At the next stop, a man got on wearing a t shirt, running shoes - and NO PANTS! He was wearing Family Guy boxers like they were shorts. Of course, he sat down right next to me! I jumped up and stood until the next stop, then I moved to the back of the bus. Fortunately, everyone back there was clothed!

-September 5

The "###"

I have to catch the 6:37am ### bus in order to get to work on time.  At 6:33am, a bus with a "Not In Service" sign showed up. The driver opened the door and I asked, "Is this the ###?" He said it was, but his sign was broken for the second day in a row.

So, I got on the bus.

I realized, I am the only passenger on the bus.

The bus makes a few normal stops, but all of the people waiting say they are looking for a different bus and don't get on it!

Then, the bus makes a weird turn and deviates from the normal route!

Ath the corner of where the Michaels is! the drive said, "This is the end of the line - you have to get off." Except we were no where near school!

There is a ### line to where the Michaels is (as opposed to my normal near school route), but it doesn't start running until 9am!

That was definitely not a legitimate bus!

-September 7

After all of this bus drama, I think I'm going to start taking the train!

Fortunately, AJ is picking me up at school today, so I don't have to worry about any pantless men or fake buses!

Do you have any crazy public transit or traveling stories?


6 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just way to much fun!! what a great way to capture these hysterical moments in life!

Jules said...

Oh, my! The guy with no pants definitely would have freaked me out too! Great layout!

Mary Jo said...

What a crazy story!
But I can relate. I had to ride the bus in high school and that was some craziness I tell you!
Plus when we were in Mexico on vacation, Mike and I got on this bus. It looked like the regular bus, but had loud music playing. We called it the party bus. Definitely wasn't legitimate but kind of fun :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow those are some crazy bus stories! I think doing a CTA page is a great idea! It will fun to read these again one day!! I like doing 8 1/2 x 11 albums sometimes..it's a fun format!
I'm glad AJ is driving you and/or you are taking the train from now on!!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness-that pantless man story is too funny-I love it. I'm sure you are glad to have AJ doing the driving now, though! :)

Becky said...

That is the cutest layout ever! I love the little banners and how funny are your stories? The only story I have is when we were on the subway in London and there was this guy standing behind my friend Michelle. He was talking to himself and all of a sudden he reaches out and yanks one her long blond hairs out. It was the craziest thing ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...