Rachael is a NYC mom who has a passion for her family, writing, and the fast-paced culture of city life. Follow Rachael on Twitter, you'll find her here: @livealittleNYC
She wanted to share a post with you all about using photo apps to create photo cards - including Save the Dates!
So I'll stop rambling and turn it over to Rachael. But I will be back tomorrow with an update, and some PL pages :)
Anyone who has a smartphone knows there are a seemingly endless number of apps to help do just about anything. They help us stay organized, respond to email, keep us up-to-date with our social sites, and of course, help us take great photos. When you are planning a wedding, apps can become even more important while you try to stay on top of every little detail. Here are five great apps that can help you take great photos you can use for your “save the date” cards for your wedding!
1. Pocketbooth: This is a great (and cheap) little app and is referred to as “the photo booth that fits in your pocket.” Pocketbooth allows you to choose matte vs. glossy paper, sepia tone, black and white, and color. This app is for the iPhone and iPod touch with a user-facing camera.
2. Instagram: This free app is quite possibly the most widely used photography app on any smartphone platform. Instagram has plenty of built-in filters and special effects and the app has become so popular, more and more sites are making it easy to upload directly from Instagram.
3. Photoshop Touch: Everyone knows the amazing application Photoshop – as well as the price tag that comes with it. Photoshop Touch is an inexpensive little app that allows you to edit your photos using core features from its pricey older brother.
4. After Focus: This app lets you really put a professional look on your photos by letting you manually blur your backgrounds so they are less distracting to the focal point. After Focus comes in both a free and “Pro” version ($1.99) to handle higher resolution photos.
5. Camera Zoom FX: This is a great app if you have a phone with a somewhat slow camera. This cheap little app lets you create color effects, vignettes and other options to give your photos a finished look. Camera Zoom FX has received great reviews from multiple expert technology sites.
Once you have your photos ready, it is time to create your personalized “save the date” cards for your upcoming wedding. One site that has great save the date cards that are easily personalized is Wedding Paper Divas. It is very simple to upload your photos, create your message and order your cards all in one visit!
With all the great photo apps for smartphones today, there is no reason to settle for boring or out-of-focus photos. Most are only a few dollars, if not free and have a very low learning curve. Once you are up and running, you can create great memories for your wedding and beyond!