Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Yarn Wrap Wreath

Good morning everyone!

Today I'm sharing my fall yarn wrap wreath. I had planned on sharing a layout about our Labor Day trip home, but life got in the way, so I'll be saving that for another day!

Okay, on to the wreath!

{Please excuse the slightly grainy picture. The lighting in our hallway is terrible!}

I used basically the same method as the summer welcome wreath I made back in April. Yarn + Wreath Form.

These yarn wrap wreaths are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. They come together so quickly, and are perfect if you are looking for something to do while you watch tv :)

I start by knotting my yarn around the wreath, then taping the tail of the yarn down. The tape makes it easier to keep the tail in place while you cover it up with the wrapped yarn.

Then, I tightly wrap (and wrap and wrap and wrap) the yarn around the wreath. This is a really good time to watch Bridezillas tne news.

When its all covered, I tie a knot and cut off the tail.

If I'm feeling extra fancy (and know I have an embellishment to hide it) I put a dab of hot glue on the knot to make sure it stays put. Conveniently, the starting and ending knots are in the same place so you can just get them both with the glue at the end!

For the embellishments on this wreath, I went nice and easy and used silk flowers from Michael's. Just pull them off the stems and stick them on with a floral pin.

Of course, after the wedding, I'll be adding an orange sparkly F to balance out the flowers, but I figured I should wait until I officially take AJ's last name to do that!

And now I'm planning my Halloween wreath...and winter...and Valentine's Day...and St. Patrick's Day...and Easter...

Do you have any go-to home decor items that you can switch up for different holidays and seasons?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is beautiful!!!

Jules said...

This turned out so cute, but I heard that the yarn wrapping takes forever?!?!

Kaeley said...

This is super cute, and looks pretty easy to put together. My house is already a little overwhelmed by fall decorations...but I might keep this in mind for winter!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love the look of the yarn wrapped wreath! I've been wanting to make a heart argyle one for Valentines for ..forever! I should just do it! This makes your door look so ready for fall!

Becky said...

I love it!!! The yarn looks perfect! Did you leave the yarn on the spool so you were flipping it through the wreath form each time? (I'm trying to get a visual here)

Mary Jo said...

Really, really cute!
I actually have a few door hangers that I have purchased over the years to go with holidays and seasons.

Katie said...

test

Tracy said...

Your wreath turned out great!!
Love the splash of colour with the flowers :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...