Sunday, December 8, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {12.08.2013}

Happy Sunday!

This weekend just flew by! Yesterday, we spent the day shopping for our church's ornament tree, wrapping the presents and watching Christmas movies.

Today, we've just been lazy! Its rainy and gross out, so AJ is watching football, and I'm just getting around to posting my scavenger hunt and baking bread for lunches this week.

But, its better late than never, and I really do love rainy, lazy Sundays, so its all okay!

Where I Stood
Or really, where I sat, wrapping gifts in front of the tree. We had exactly enough wrapping paper for everything we bought! If you don't include this gigantic box that got just a ribbon because it was too big for the size of paper that we had!

Silver
On our tree.

Tiny
I love this teeny tiny little ornament. The little ducks are just so cute. I have no idea where this came from, we've had it ever since I was little.

In the Cupboard
In December we add the Spode dishes to the cabinet. I love using these dishes at Christmas time - they make every dinner a little more special!

Shadow
When my family was in over Thanksgiving, my mom bought us this Christmas tree garland. This morning, we noticed that it makes a pretty shadow on the wall! Perfect for Scavenger Hunt Sunday!

Well, I have to go finish baking the bread, because the dough is almost risen now :) Have a great rest of the weekend!

Linking up with Ashley Sisk


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

12 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Yummy! Homemade bread! You're so domestic! The weekend did fly by!! I love your captures--maybe I'll get around to it again this week. Looks like fun ones! That garland is so cute and it does make a pretty shadow. How adorable is that duck ornament!?! I started wrapping gifts today. I hope I have enough paper and ribbon! That silver ornament is beautiful!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Lovely shots of the ornaments on your tree! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a cute garland and the tiny garland on the tree! Lots of nice Christmas finds in today's scavenger hunt :)

Tracy said...

I love your scavenger photos and your take on the prompts.
I love the ornament photo.
Impressed..you make your own bread! Ive only made it in the bread maker..unless you consider banana bread, bread, lol.

Unknown said...

Your shadows are great and I just love the silver Christmas ornament.

Becky said...

How perfect you had enough paper! I love how all of your photos were Christmas themed! Such a cute garland your mom got for you! Love it!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

loving all the christmas photos

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Katie...I usually have my whole house done up by now...way behind! Thanks for the kick to get moving!

kewkew said...

So Christmasy! I love all your pictures. The box with just a ribbon is lovely (I like simple things). But I also love the ornaments. I think my favorite is that tiny duck ornament.

Mary Jo said...

Once again, great photos to go with the prompts!
Ooooh, you bake bread. I was thinking one day how great it would be to make fresh homemade bread. But I have always been intimidated by the thought of it!
And then literally that day, my son brought home yeast and flour from school. King Arthur's flour had come to do a workshop on baking bread. One of those life skills kind of things. Their homework...to bake bread (lol)
So we did! And it was a lot easier than I thought.

Hannah said...

Love your christmas decorations! Such pretty little items on your items on your tree. And that's a lovely garland from your mum :)

Ida said...

What a wonderful set.
Can't believe you have gifts wrapped already. We are still wrapping Christmas Eve here!
Loved your tree, that tiny ornament is adorable. Also liked your dishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...