Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Blog

I think New Year's is a great time to start new, but its also a great time to get back to things you should have been doing all year - like posting on my blog! Things have been so crazy with work, and Christmas, that I have not been able to get anywhere near my desk (the crafting one, not the grading/writing lesson plans one) since November. My goal is get at least one page done this week, and three cards for the WONDERFUL card drive I found here:
http://winterwonderlandcrafter.blogspot.com/2011/01/cards-for-st-jude.html

What a great plan! My high school class is also participating in the drive, I am hoping to have at least 30 cards from school to send to the children at St. Jude's,

But, what I can post today is a digital page I made while I was snowed in after Christmas. I was snowed in while visiting out of state for Christmas, and didn't have any of my paper, pens, stickers, stamps, die cutting machines (not that I'd carry those with me!) or anything! So, I decided to try making a digital page...I love how it all turned out, I was able to change the size of each picture to make the collage exactly how I wanted it. I just haven't had a chance to print it out - I'm waiting to have a few pictures ready so I only have to pay shipping once! The pages will be side by side in my scrapbook, the first page shows the main tree at Longwood Gardens (this beautiful conservatory in Pennsylvania - it used to be the DuPont estate), journaling and a title. and the pictures next to it show a collage of some of the decorated trees they have. It was so Christmas-y and festive, I really enjoyed it!


The snowflake paper is from Two Peas in a Bucket, from their holiday set. The font is Little Lord Fontleroy. The solid red paper and the white band are just backgrounds, from Adobe Photoshop, I used the color dropper to pull the colors from the snowflake paper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...