Monday, June 13, 2011

What happened to this week?!?

It seems like I just posted, and then boom! They week just flew by!

AJ graduated on Friday morning. And by morning, I mean morning. We had to wake up at 4:45am to get to Philly in time for the 8:30am graduation. Who plans a graduation in the middle of rush hour in a major city??

But, aside from that, the graduation was great. AJ's aunt flew in from Florida to be there, and it was great to see her, since we are leaving for Chicago so soon!

I took a few pictures before we went in, and spent most of the graduation trying to take nice pictures, but the lighting in there wasn't great, and my point and shoot, that I adore, was just not powerful enough to do what I wanted. I've been thinking about getting a DSLR lately, and after this experience, I definitely think I want one for events like this one.

I would love to go out and buy one right now, but with rent, and insurance, and cell phone bills, and all that fabulous stuff I've never paid before due this month, I think I'll have to wait. Well, I know I'll have to wait. And AJ reminded me that he will need to buy me birthday/Christmas/anniversary presents, and maybe I shouldn't always run out and buy myself things the second I want them! But I'm an impatient girl, and I've always worked very hard for my money, so I like to spend it on things I'll enjoy! Although, with no job lined up in Chicago, this is a no go for right now.

However, to justify my need for this camera, I've decided to explore more with my point and shoot. I found a scavenger hunt: http://www.ashleysisk.com/search/label/Scavenger%20Hunt

To be honest, I cannot even remember what I was clicking through that brought me to it! But if I find it again, I will definitely share.

But this idea intrigued me. I want to make sure that I am interested enough in photography to get a serious camera (it isn't the first time I've wanted one, and I did take photo in college for my art credits, but with this amount of money being spent, you need to be sure!). So, I'm going to participate in the scavenger hunt, with my point and shoot, and decided after I've participated for at least one month!

Also, I think that since my favorite hobby is scrapbooking, photography kind of goes hand in hand with that. I am constantly taking pictures to develop new layouts (oh how I wish I hadn't packed those boxes last month! I am just itching to get my papers out and start crafting. They will definitely be unpacked first on June 27!). I can just imagine how wonderful these two hobbies can intertwine with each other.

But, I will leave you with my favorite picture of the day:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...