Friday, October 21, 2011

Painting the Living Room

AJ and I decided it is time to re do the living room.

We picked out a nice brown slip cover (I don't know why, but AJ is all about the brown couches and sectionals) from Target, I just need to order it!

Then, I want to paint our silver floor lamp bronze. Has anyone ever tried to re finish a lamp? I'm thinking I can just spray paint it, but I'm not sure if that will work...I don't see why it wouldn't though!

And, we are choosing a paint color...I think we want to do a yellow or gold color, but I'm not sure which one! I picked out three different colors:

Early Morning Sun
Haystack
Crisp Ginger Ale

I painted them all over the living room.

Over the couch

By the table

Behind the tv

I think I know which one I like, but I'm not sure if I should just scratch all of them and go with a totally new color. Any comments would be totally appreciated!!

4 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

i can never make decisions about paint but from the pictures i don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Ashley Sisk said...

I used to have my entire downstairs painted either the first or second shade...it was called popcorn and I loved it!

Christina said...

I love color! Lots and lots of color. :) I think I'm partial to the dark one (the third one) but it depends on the size of the room.
How fun!

Becky said...

I'm with Christina, I love color so I too would go with the darker one :) As for the lamp, I spray painted the lamps in our bedroom and they turned out FABULOUS! They were off white and I painted them oil rubbed bronze. No chipping or anything. I just taped off the cord and light bulb part really good and went to town!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...