Monday, October 10, 2011

Tissue Paper Rose Picture Frame

Two posts in one day! I was just so excited that my mom and I did something crafty today, that I had to share :)

Before I left for the airport, my mom and I were trying to remember how she used to make felt roses, that she would then use for napkin rings. But, I was too young to have done it with her back in the day, and she couldn't remember how to do them at all. She knew it had something to do with circles.

So, we turned to the internet! We couldn't find the felt roses the way she used to do them, but we found this amazing wreath.

We both really like it, but we didn't have the stuff to make it, and we had to leave for the airport in two hours. So we didn't want to go to the store.

After searching the basement for other ideas, we found a white 8x10 picture frame I had put cork into to use as a pin board in college (totally wishing I had taken a picture of this before!)

We decided to make the flowers, following the tutorial for the wreath, and glue them to the cork instead of the foam board. Then, we left a spot in the center for a 4x6 picture to go. (I just cut a piece of card stock to be 4 x 6 so we could see what space we needed to leave blank. Its still in there - I forgot I did that until I just looked at the picture!)


We didn't put a picture in it yet, but I decided to play with Photoshop so you could get the idea of how it would look. Also, I'm in the airport and bored, so yay, something to do for a few minutes!


Well, I need to go shove everything back into my carry on bag before my flight takes off! I got yelled at for having my laptop/purse in a grocery store reusable bag, a carry on and a little Trick or Treat pumpkin in my hand. Apparently, the pumpkin is also considered a carry on, and not allowed. So, now everything is shoved into the bag with my laptop, so as to avoid having to check the Trick or Treat pumpkin, which I just had in my hand so it didn't get crushed. It is quite an experience to have everything shoved into this random grocery store bag right now!

8 comments:

Becky said...

How fun is this frame! Love that you guys made this right before you left! Airports suck...

Tammy said...

Gorgeous frame! Such a pretty purple and the cluster of flowers is fun! I hear you...traveling can be such a pain. I was educating my Mom and Dad who are flying for the first time in years soon. The restrictions are such a bummer....necessary maybe....but such a hassle!

Tracy said...

Your frame is so pretty. I am so impressed with your photoshop skills. I don't have any :(
Ohhh have fun making that wreath ;)
Looking forward to seeing it when you are done :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just way tooo cute! i love the color! the photo is awesome too!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...

Vanessa said...

very nice!

Christina said...

Your frame is so pretty! I need to make one of these! What a great idea!

Annette Allen said...

This is so so cute...very creative and love that color of the tissue...great idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...