Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How the Location of My Scrapping Desk Broke My Toe...

*Even though I couldn't get my desk clean and do a before/after thing like I wanted to, I'm linked up with Julia at Stamping Ground for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Below is the story of why I couldn't clean my desk...

I am currently sitting on my couch, foot up, pinkie toe iced. I may have to cancel drinks with the girls tonight, because putting any pressure on my foot (you know, walking, standing, wearing shoes) makes me cry.

And here is why:
Do you see why this would cause me to break my toe?

No?

Okay, I'll walk you through it (hahaha, totally unintended pun, but I'm liking it!)

This past week things have been a bit crazy, and I've been a little lazy. When I come in with my hands full of mail, packages, student work, etc., instead of going all the way to the papers desk (which we have for mail, bills, grading). I stop at my scrapping desk.

As a result, my desk looks like this:


And, it has spilled over onto my kitchen table (which is catty corner to the scrapping desk...) AJ was getting pretty unhappy with it, because we haven't been able to have a nice dinner!

So I decided to clean it all up today.

I was doing great. The living room was looking good! I almost ready to scrap!

I went into the bedroom just to put away my nail file, and decided it wasn't worth turning on the light for the two seconds it takes to walk over to my vanity.

And I got caught on AJ's suitcase.

I bent back my poor little pinkie toe, so far that it split open between it and my other toe. It really hurts.

And my house is still a mess!

10 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

poor thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I LOVE the floor plan and labelled diagrams = LOL!! Poor you, my son's friend did exactly the same thing. It's amazing how much blood comes out of a little toe! Hope AJ is waiting on you hand and foot (sorry..) and you are making the most of that :)
Hugs, LLJ xx

Marjo said...

Ouch! Broken anything is never any fun...especially toes. Thanks for the peek and sharing.

Hope you are having a great WOYWW.

xoxo Marjo

Becky said...

OH NO! See, this is why you should not clean and AJ should NOT expect a nice dinner. This is actually all his fault. Haha! I hope your toe heals soon and you don't have to wear one of those dumb boot things, that would really be awful.

Tracy said...

OUCH. So sorry you hurt your baby toe.
I think a drink with the girls is a perfect cure.....just get them to come to your house ;)

Mary Jo said...

Ouch!!! I am so sorry!
I have broken my little toe and it is so painful. You would think such a small body part wouldn't be, but it is!
Hope you feel better soon!

Christina said...

Sorry that you hurt your toe but I am totally cracking up over the diagram. Too funny!

shazsilverwolf said...

Great plan & storytelling- I hope by now your toe is a little less painful. Running a bit late this week, have a good week, Shaz

Annette Allen said...

Aww how sad...poor little toe..

Elizabeth said...

I hope by the time you read this your toe will be healing nicely but I recommend no cleaning for some considerable time ... no point in making things worse. Love the diagrams - makes it all crystal clear :) Elizabeth x #53

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...