Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day 2012

This Labor Day weekend, AJ and I were lucky enough to be able to fly back to New York for a mini-cation (or as AJ calls it, a long weekend, but that's not nearly as exciting sounding!)

To make the weekend extra special, my brother drove up from school, and he and his girlfriend visited for the weekend too. It was so nice to be able to spend time with them! We don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like. (Somehow, between AJ, Tommy, Jamie and I, we live in three different states and none of those states are the ones we were born in!)

So, I could tell you all about our weekend. Saturday's wine tasting, Sunday's all day Boardy Barn adventure, Monday's picture walk, but nothing tells the story quite like a picture collage!

Top Row: Chilling out by the pool ~ The beach ~ Taking the kayaks out for a (short) ride ~ Wine tasting
Second Row: Benny relaxing outside ~ AJ intently listening to Tommy's Kan Jam tutorial ~ The less serious (and more fun!) Kan Jam team ~ Drinking at the Boardy Barn
Third Row: A house on a vineyard I just loved ~ A field, with corn I think ~ Another vineyard we passed on our walk ~ A duck who lives at a vineyard
Bottom Row: The duck's chicken friend ~ The vineyard where they live ~ The view from "the best spot" of the house ~ What the boys do when the girls go shopping

I wish we had some more time to spend out there, but our mini-cation was very mini. We had to get back on a plane Monday night to head back to work! Hopefully we will be out there for Thanksgiving - last year that fall was so beautiful out east and I can't wait to see it again!

7 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

So fun! And you packed a lot into your mini-cation! (that does sound better than a long weekend!) The vineyard photos are so beautiful, I love that house too. It's nice you all got that time together!!
Benny is so cute!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

sounds like a wonderful time! super photos

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!
And fun that you were able to share it with another couple :)

Jules said...

It defintely looks like a mini-cation to me....AJ doesn't know!!!! ;)

Love the pictures and it looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I am guessing that a little scrapping or PLing is right around the corner.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Looks like such fun! So nice that your brother and girlfriend all get along with you and AJ.That will make for lots of fun in the years to come.

Becky said...

Mini-cation is WAY more exciting, you are so right :) I love your picture collage, it's sort of like a music montage in a movie. Haha!

Tracy said...

I love your photo collage :)
Sounds like you had a fun mini-cation :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...