Friday, September 14, 2012

Project Life 25 {Week 15}

Happy Friday everyone! I am so excited that it is finally Friday! This has felt like the longest week ever!

Today, my students are taking their unit test on measurement. I'm actually really excited about it. There are 3 stations in the test, where students will actually preform different measuring skills and have to answer questions about the data they gather. I love the hands on aspect of this assessment!

And of course, I love the quiet of test days ;)

Yesterday night, I went a little nuts with Project Life. I sat down and just popped out pages like it was my job! I am all caught up now! Plus, now I feel like some pressure has been lifted as I have the next few weeks of Project Life posts ready to go (well, the pictures at least! I have trouble writing my posts too long ahead of time, because I don't know what I will want to say next Friday!)

This week at school, we had to create name poems, so I decided to include mine in my Project Life. But then I realized I had to block out my last name!

AJ and I also received some really big news during Week 15. While at training, AJ found out that his next rotation will be in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! We still don't know when we are moving (there are a few different times we could move, but nothing is definite yet), but we know when we move, that's where we will be going!

Random pictures of my classroom and bulletin boards, as well as some notes I photographed from another teacher instead of copying them all down, then I realized they would work in Project Life!

I am so looking forward to this weekend. Our next two weekends are going to be very busy, so we are trying not to do much with this one! We are meeting up with some friends for drinks today. But the rest of the weekend is just some errands and maybe doing some laundry! Do you have any plans this weekend, or are you planning just relaxing like us?

7 comments:

Becky said...

That actually sounds like a fun test, and a great way for those kids who don't do well with traditional test taking. Love that. Your project life looks awesome, as usual :) Don't you love it? Louisiana, that is way cool! You are going to have so many adventures and we get to go along with you! Have an awesome weekend!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your pl is looking great!! i think i am going to include some work photos as well- thanks for the idea!

Tracy said...

I would think only a teacher would get excited about a test, teehee.
Mind you a hands on test is more fun than a written test.
Another awesome project life pages :)

Mary Gene Atwood said...

I bet the students do well also. Real tests for real life experiences. Fantastic thinking! Have a happy weekend Katie.

SandeeNC said...

well, you will be moving a "little" bit closer to me! Good for you getting all caught up on your project life. I love hearing how excited you get about teaching, so refreshing! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend!! I hope you had a great one. Great photos of your classroom and exciting news for you guys too!!

Christina said...

That's exciting news for you guys! I've only been to Louisiana once (New Orleans) but it was pretty cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...