Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December Daily {Saturday, December 15 + Sunday, December 16 + Monday, December 17 + Tuesday, December 18}

3 days.

There are 3 days left until Christmas break.

And I'm not counting Friday as a real day since we are doing the always awesome ice cream making lab.

So, there are 2 real days until Christmas break + 1 awesome day that involves ice cream!

I loved this picture of the tree so much, I decided to let it speak for itself and not journal for Saturday. But if I did journal, it would read something like this:
"Katey, Jim, AJ and I wanted to visit some of the Christmas attractions in Chicago. We went to Macy's on State Street, and the Christkindlemarket in Daley Plaza. We were supposed to head over to the Lincoln Park Zoo for Zoo Lights, but the rain had other plans for us! So, we stayed home, ordered in a pizza and played lots of board games instead!"

The beauty of doing Project Life at the same time as December Daily is that I can document that story in PL, and I can feature just this picture (that I love) here in DD!

 Sunday I did journal :)

And Monday too! I had such a fun time making these ornaments, and I think AJ did too, although he did feel that his art skills were a bit rusty! But look at how hard he is concentrating there!

I didn't take a picture of my kids at their Christmas concert, but I thought that the Charlie Brown kids were a great stand in :)

Have you started your Christmas countdown this year...or your Christmas break countdown? Both of mine are in full swing!

Linking up with Ali Edwards

5 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Being alone means I don't have much of a Christmas count down, but I love reading all about yours. I would have loved to have had a teacher that makes ice cream as a school project, and my favorite part of your post was the picture of AJ helping out with the ornaments, I think that is so cool! You are lucky to have a man that is willing to participate in crafts on any level! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your last day of school sounds like so much fun-- yesterday and today we are watching polar express in spanish. the kids are loving it!

i love it that you got aj involved in painting the ornaments- way too fun!!

have a great day

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Your ornaments turned out great!! I am counting down and trying to keep it all together! You go home so soon! You must be so psyched! A day with ice cream...wow!! That sounds like my kind of day!

Jules said...

love all your pages! I have already started making notes for PL. I think that in addition to starting Jan 1, I am going to document a few things that I wanted to scrap from 2012 and just add that to the start of my 2013 book. I am not so patiently waiting for the Olive Edition of PL to be released. Your ice cream day sounds like a really fun time!

Tracy said...

I think it is awesome and so special that AJ is joining you with the ornaments :)
I love that you put the Charlie Brown photo in there, very cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...