Yesterday was actually a pretty good day at school. And I decided to implement a new thing in my classroom on Tuesdays (our shortened class day) where students write a short piece relating to science. I'm really excited about it!
Today is the first writing assignment...they are writing letters to 7th graders explaining why chemistry is important, focusing on "Where you see chemistry in action (outside of school)?" and "How chemistry plays a role in your daily life."
And, I have my own writing assignment for today too! Kaeley for nominated me for the Liebster Award! (Thank you Kaeley!)
11 Questions from Kaeley
1. If you could meet anyone, current or from the past, who would it be?
My mom at my age.
2. What is your least favorite task around the house?
Folding laundry. I'd rather do dishes than fold the laundry. And I really don't like doing dishes! (Sadly, I have to do laundry tonight...fortunately, AJ is going to do the dishes!)
3. Where is your favorite place that you have visited?
It is definitely St. Lucia. We had such a wonderful time there, I wish we could go back right now! But I'll have to settle for looking at my St. Lucia scrapbook instead!
4. What do you like to do when you have time to kill?
If its a lot of time, I'll scrapbook, if its a little time, I'll look around on Pinterest or Wedding Bee!
5. Spots or stripes?
You mean I have to pick one?!
6. What are the top three items on your wish list?
another car (so I don't have to take public transit to work anymore, its really too cold to walk to the train!)
a phone with a nice camera (since 90% of the time, I don't have my big camera on me!)
a typewriter (because they are awesome!)
7. How many different cities have you lived in?
Technically 4, but 3 of them were on Long Island. So really, two - New York and Chicago. But we are moving to Baton Rouge soon!
8. What is your favorite beverage?
Dr. Pepper, although right now I am enjoying a lovely hot cup of tea. Its getting cold quick in my chilly classroom though!
9. Would you rather visit the ocean or the mountains?
Oceans. Especially the Atlantic Ocean.
10. How many blogs do you follow regularly?
That is a good question! I've never counted, so I'm just going to say a lot of fabulous ones!
11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl :)
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I wear a scarf to work almost every day.
2. When I'm doing a long, boring thing I don't like, I break it down in 40 minute "periods" like it is school.
3. I wrote out a list of the wedding decor/elements/things that I am planning on making. Then I realized I better get down to business if I want them all to be there in 9 months...
4. I am not a morning person!
5. When I travel, I'd rather fly in late the day before than travel early the next morning. I like to wake up where I need to be.
6. My favorite color is pink.
7. Everything in my closet is organized by type of clothing (dressy tops, not so dressy tops, skirts, regular dresses, cocktail dresses). Then organized by color.
8. My drawers are organized the exact same way. When they are out of order, I can't find my clothes!
9. I am wearing my favorite work pants today. They look like work pants, but they are really stretchy pants. I love them. I need more of them. Lots more of them.
10. Even when its hot, I am probably cold. And when its cold, I'm really really cold!
11. Whenever someone says the number 11, I can't help but quote Spinal Tap.
(You should have heard me today..."My questions go to 11"..."My facts go to 11"..."My nominees go to 11"...good thing no one else is around right now!)
11 Blogs I'm Nominating:
So here's the thing...I hate picking only 11 people, because I love all of the blogs that I read, and I don't want anyone to feel left out! So, if you have under 200 followers, I'm nominating you! And even if you have more than 200, you can still answer all of the questions and such if you'd like, because that's fun! Yay! Everybody wins :)
My 11 Questions for You:
1. Do you prefer hot or cold drinks?
2. What is your favorite month?
3. What's the best thing you ever ate?
4. Describe your style in one word.
5. Would you rather take pictures or have your picture taken?
6. Do you print your pictures at home or have them printed for you?
7. What is your favorite holiday to decorate for?
8. If you could do any job in the world for one day, what would it be?
9. What is the best gift that you've ever given?
10. What is your favorite event/holiday/person to craft for?
11. Tell us the funniest joke you know.
Well, there it is! Let's hope my kids enjoy their writing assignment as much as I enjoyed mine!