I recently made these centerpieces for a friend. She was hosting a party and wanted something small but spring-y for the tables.
She also wanted something she could give to the girls who helped her plan that party (and the guest of honor) as a keepsake.
These Paper Flower Topiaries worked as both centerpieces and thank you gifts!
Fortunately, these are the easiest to put together.
For each centerpiece, you need:
1 terra cotta flower pot (mine is 5 inches in diameter)
1 small wooden dowel
1 floral foam for inside the pot
1 styrofoam ball (mine is 5 inches in diameter, just like the pot)
Paper flowers (I cut mine with my Sizzix, which was a tad time consuming, but to make this even easier, you could use pre cut flowers!)
1. Place the floral foam inside the pot. You can hot glue it in there, but mine was so snug, I didn't worry about it.
2. Wrap the wooden dowel in ribbon. I secure my ribbon with glue dots at the top, middle and bottom to make sure the ribbon stays put.
3. Push the dowel into the floral foam. Put the styrofoam ball on top of the dowel. A dab of hot glue may also help here.
4. Begin sticking the paper flowers into the styrofoam ball with the stick pins. I usually start at the bottom and work my way up, being sure the cover any blank spots. Continue around the ball until all the spaces are filled.
5. Place the moss around the top of the pot.
6. Enjoy your centerpiece!
Find more from Katie Stories on: