Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa Cupcakes

Way back when I was in elementary school, my mom found a recipe for Santa cupcakes somewhere.


I'm not entirely sure where. (This was before the internet and Pinterest, when people cut things out of magazines and pasted them into books.) My mom just told me that she got the recipe from a friend, Margaret. Thanks Margaret!


But it quickly became a family favorite, and a very special Christmas Eve treat.


The best part of these cupcakes is that they are super super simple!

Ingredients:
Cupcakes (we always make our from a box, but you can use your favorite homemade recipe if you want!)
Vanilla frosting
Red sugar crystals
Mini marshmallows
M&Ms





Frost your cupcake with the vanilla frosting.

Dip the top 1/3 of the cupcake in the red sugar crystals.

Add marshmallow trim to Santa's hat.

Add M&M eyes + a red nose.

Make a beard out of mini marshmallows.

Enjoy!

Oh man, I am so excited for Christmas now! Not that I wasn't before, but now...so so excited!


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

6 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

ok these are just about the cutest cupcakes EVER

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

These are SO cute!! They do look easy enough for even me to decorate! :) I love that you and your mom have been making them for years. What a sweet tradition!

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,
They actually were from Margaret P. I wonder if she knows we are still making them. We have to tell her!

Mary Jo said...

Oh my those are so cute!!!

Tracy said...

These are so so cute :)
I love this idea!!!
But then again whats not to love icing with marshmallows…perfect combination ;)

Becky said...

Adorable! I love the tradition too, I think that's one of my favorite things about this time of year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...