Thursday, November 20, 2014

An Accidental Turned Intentional Blog Break

This blog has been neglected, for a lack of a better word, since the summer. There were a lot of reasons, and I tried several times to get back into blogging, but it always was the first thing to go when my to do list got a little too crazy.

Or even when things didn't get too crazy, because at some point, it wasn't as fun anymore.

So that's when my accidental life got too crazy break became a real I'm stepping away for a bit because this isn't fun anymore break.

And for a while, I didn't think I would come back to this blog. I wasn't crafting a lot, which may have been because my desk is in several pieces in the garage, or because I was reading, watching West Wing and Gilmore Girls, exploring our new home and unpacking.

But I started to miss blogging. So I waited. I waited to see if I really missed it, or if I was just bored. And then I realized I missed Week in the Life week.

Honestly, is that really that big of a deal? No. I can totally take pictures of my week myself and just do it a different week. And I thought about doing that. But it wouldn't be the same. I missed doing it at the same time as everyone else, the community.

And I realized, I don't blog because I like crafting, I can do that with or without blogging, I blog because I like being part of a community. Sharing and being inspired and being a part of something bigger.

So I'm back. And just in time to take part in my favorite scrapbook event of the year - December Daily.


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

7 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

nice to see you back. i have to say i have been feeling the same way. with me however i just don't have the time to put into my blog. I would spend sometimes up to 2 hours on the weekend getting posts ready etc and i just don't have that time anymore. Life is just crazy.
glad you are excited for your december daily

Tracy said...

I am so happy to see that you are back to blogging :)
I love the blogging community :)
I blog daily and have been for 4+ years, it has just become a part of my nightly routine.
I have no idea what I am a going to blog about until I sit at the computer, lol.
I was thinking of cutting down my blogging but I just can't break the habit, lol.

Mary Jo said...

I was just thinking how much I've missed seeing your blog posts. I have to admit I am right now where you were. Blogging just ebbs and flows for me and it's one of the first things to go when I'm too busy.
I have been seriously considering just quitting altogether. But then I read old blog posts and am glad I have them.
I don't know. Now that I have given up DT work I don't feel the pressure to blog regularly and that is ok.

Dawn Gross said...

Welcome back!

Jules said...

So glad to see you back....I have missed your posts. I am in the same boat, trust me. There are only so many hours in the day and although my intentions are good, blogging always seems to get shifted to the end of the list when I have a lot to do. I am still not ready to throw in the towel so we will see where it goes. I actually took pictures (although not near enough, I fear), journaled and bought the kit for WITL, but now I am just staring at the jumble of stuff wondering how in the world to bring it all together....***sigh***.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I've missed your posts too! So glad you're back!! I love the community of bloggers too, it's why I keep on blogging!!

Becky said...

Katie you have taken the words out of my mouth :) I have really missed your posts, and tweets and IG... but life gets busy and that's what goes first!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...