Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break

Well, I've complete thrown off my sleep schedule over Spring Break! I've always been a night owl, I get that second wind right around 10pm and am ready to go clean the house, renovate the kitchen, reorganize my computer files, watch some trashy late night tv, whatever. Normally, I go to bed at a normal hour for someone who is supposed to wake up at 5:30am. Except when I'm on break and I can wake up whenever I want! So...it's almost 2am and I'm wide awake! And I have no pictures to scrap! Why won't shutterfly just deliver to my house at all hours of the day and night???

So, I know this blog is about scrapbooks and such...but I got two amazing deals on things for my kitchen in Chicago (okay, so I don't have a place to live yet, but I think its safe to assume this place will have a kitchen of some sort) and I am just so excited about them that I have to share!!! Also, because I think everyone around me is sick of hearing about it, but I am not sick of talking about it...

The first, is on new pots. I've never ever had my own set of pots before. It wasn't really a necessity, you know, since my mom always had a set, and we don't have THAT big of a kitchen. So, I went to Macy's found an awesome 12 piece set that had everything I could conceive of using. But, I did not have a ton of money to spend on pots, since I'd blown most of the logical cookware buying budget some of my dream items (wise spending decision...probably not, one that still makes me do a happy dance....definitely!), but then, I had the wonderful thought that Macy's is in the middle of a one day sale, and I have coupons! So, a one day sale + $20 off coupon + free shipping + $20 off for buying online = $59.99 for a 12 piece set!!! Commence the continuation of the cookware happy dance!

While I am thrilled over the ability to boil pasta and make sauce at the same time (not possible before I bought the aforementioned 12 piece set), my boyfriend has been dreaming about getting a George Foreman grill. Okay, maybe dreaming is a little extreme, but its super late, so I think he will forgive me for some poetic license here. So, we've looked and looked and looked at the grill, but we were waiting for a sale. Then, Kohl's did a magical thing...the Kohl's Cash and the Kohl's sale overlapped...and a few clicks here, a few clicks there, and George Foreman grill is at my door, for only $12!

Now, I do not expect anyone else to get as excited as I do over some pots and a grill, but I do love a sale, and I do love to cook - now if I only I could learn to love to eat! Next time I'm here, this will totally be back to scrapbooks and layouts and all that fun-ness!

Have a wonderful Easter, if you celebrate Easter, and if you don't, have a fabulous Sunday!

Katie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...