Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vegetable Salad

I have always been a super picky eater, but AJ is not, so I am trying to broaden my horizons, so he isn't eating pizza and chicken nuggets and pasta every night in Chicago!

So, I've been trying out some new recipes. As I find ones I like, I'll post them here!

My mom found this article in USA magazine:

http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20110513/FOOD04/105150317/Healthy-sizzle-An-entire-meal-straight-off-grill-from-Ellie-Krieger?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

We the basil lime corn a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely delicious!

I wanted to try using the same "dressing", but on more vegetables than just corn on the cob (yummies!!!), because, as I said before, I'm trying to expand my horizons, and corn is like, right in the middle of my comfort zone!

So, this is the recipe I made up:

4 ears of corn, grilled (the same way from the article)
1 red pepper
1 zucchini
1/2 red onion

Slice the zucchini into disks 1/2 inch thick.
Grill the zucchini and corn (the same way as described in the article).
Slice the grilled zucchini, red pepper and red onion into small pieces. Slice the corn off of the cob (it was super hot, I had to hold it with a pot holder!).
Toss the vegetables with the dressing. I used the exact same dressing as the article, except I doubled it so there would be enough to cover all the veggies!

It was delicious, and super filling! Perfect pairing with our steak and chicken on Memorial Day!

What recipes do you and your family like?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...