Friday, July 8, 2011

Airport, Bikes and the Linen Closet

I'm sitting here in the airport. But this post is not about the airport. This post is about something silly that happened last week, in the linen closet.

Saturday afternoon, AJ and I went to the mall and bought a vacuum and an iron.

On the way home from the mall, AJ said, "Babe, when we get back from the mall, I need to go to the gym." I said, "Okay, no problem, I'm going to nap!" (I should probably go to the gym too, but really? The gym? Sweating? Asthma? No thank you!)

But when we got home, I didn't want to nap. I had a new vacuum! I wanted to organize the linen closet to fit my new vacuum!


Now I realize this doesn't sound like a big deal. Nor does it sound very silly.

But there was one very large problem. AJ stored my bike in the linen closet when he first moved all the stuff in.

I couldn't move the bike out of my way. It was upside down, and taking up all the floor space.

But, I could reach the shelves!

So, I put empty boxes we wanted to store on the top shelf. Cleaning supplies, extra tolietries, and bags for grocery shopping on the middle shelves. And AJ's tool box on the bottom shelf. 

While I'm doing all of this, AJ is doing push ups, crunches and stretches before he heads to the gym.

Only now, I couldn't do any more organizing. I couldn't fit my vacuum on the shelves! It needed to go on the floor. I needed the bike out of there. Now. And I could move it! Right? No.

So, I went and got AJ and said that thing every girl says, but never ever turns out to be true, "Babe, I need your help, but it'll only take two seconds." And he said "What happened to your nap? Is this really necessary right now?"

I decided it was.

AJ managed to flip the bike over (Did you know tire tracks will come off of walls with warm water? They do) But we still couldn't get it out of the closet. We pushed, we pulled, we stood it up on its end. Nothing worked. So I said, "Watch out, babe. I'll do it!" And immediately fell under the awkwardness of the bike.

That was when AJ made a comment about my bike being too big for me (I know, I'm short! But it isn't too big! Its a nice size for me!). I got defiant about my bike's relative size.

I got on the bike.

That was when it dawned on me, I could just RIDE the bike out of the linen closet.

I put my foot on the pedal.

Nothing happened.

I pushed a little harder.

And the entire bottom shelf, tool box and all, came crashing down!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...