Thursday, July 7, 2011

There is sauce on my ceiling

Yep, that's right. On the ceiling.

So, this requires some back story:

I wanted to make a nice, easy dinner. I had homemade pizza dough frozen from when I made breakfast pizza, sauce left over from dinner a few nights before (I'm so used to cooking for my family, I always make too much of everything!) and pre-sliced fresh mozzarella in the fridge. So, tonight's pizza was going to be easy peasy to put together! The only thing we needed was soda, so AJ ran downstairs to the little store to pick it up.

I stretched out the dough and threw it in the oven to crisp up before I added the sauce and cheese.

I squished the cheese between paper towels and two plates to get out the extra liquid. Did you know that is what was causing the puddles on my pizza?! And I thought it was too much olive oil! Nopes, it was too much liquid left in the fresh mozzarella! But I digress, this story is about the sauce.

I washed out the baby sauce pan and lid, and threw some of the leftover sauce in the little pan to heat up over a medium heat.

Wow! That was such an easy dinner. Ohhhh, *insert any Food Network show here* is on! Yay!


So I watched Food Network.


Mmmmm, everything is smelling so good in the kitchen...I hope AJ gets back from the store soon!



I was getting hungry, but my timer hadn't gone yet, so I watched some more Food Network.

Hmmmm, the sauce is popping really loudly, let me go check it.


So I turned the corner into my kitchen, and I saw the lid to the sauce pan on the counter!

Then, I looked at the stove. There was sauce EVERYWHERE! All over the stove, popping out of the little sauce pan.

Then, I looked at the wall next to the stove, there was sauce splattered on the wall.

And on the microwave over the stove.

And on the cabinets over the microwave (really?!)

And on the oven (seriously?!)

Okay, no big deal, I can wipe this down...before AJ gets home! Then, no one will have to know how dumb I was forgetting the lid!

So, I get my step stool, I start wiping down everything.

Great! Everything came off the walls...and the cabinets...and the microwave...and the oven...and the stove...WHAT IS THAT ON THE CEILING?!?


Cue AJ coming back from the store...

AJ: "Hey babe, what are you doing?"

Me: "Ummmm, can you get the sauce off the ceiling?"

For the record: Neither one of us can reach it. I don't know what to do about it...suggestions?

1 comment:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

i'm sorry but i am laughing--i have been there before--memories are coming back-hehehhehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...