Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Farmer's Market

Mmmm, I went to the farmer's market today with some new Chicago friends! I got so many veggies, eggplants, zucchini, carrots, onions, green beans, heirloom tomatoes!

Tomorrow night, I'm planning on making a ratatouille with dinner (so excited!). But tonight, AJ and I are going out with some friends for trivia night and dinner - I've heard the chicken fingers there are delicious, and I love chicken fingers!

I couldn't wait for tomorrow to try these veggies though. So I made a veggie pizza for lunch, and it was so super easy, I had to share it :)

1. Cut 1/2 large peeled eggplant and 2 small zucchini into bite size pieces. Cover them with salt and pepper.
2. Saute the eggplant and zucchini in olive oil until the veggies are soft. (The eggplant will soak up a lot of the olive oil, so I use more than I normally would for other veggies) Taste the veggies and see if they need more salt. Mine did!
3. Add one 14.5 oz can of tomato puree or crushed tomatoes to the saute pan, and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble.
4. Pour on top of pizza dough.
5. Cover with mozzarella.
6. Cook as per the directions on the pizza dough, or until the dough is cooked through and the cheese is melty.

Soooo yummy! And super filling! And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, or for AJ to bring for lunch tomorrow. Actually, I've got enough for both of us! And, with the cheese melted on top of the veggies, they are even more delicious! Or maybe that was just because they were fresh!

Well, I'm off to cut the paper pieces for my Halloween project. I'll be posting more of that tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

This sounds so good! Much better than the string cheese and yogurt I had :) Have fun tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...