Friday, September 9, 2011

Second Year

So, my first week of my second year teaching is done.

They were right, this gets so much easier after the first year. I'm not as panicked about getting everything done anymore, it will get done, and if I can't input all the grades at once, and they get their tests back on Thursday instead of on Wednesday, the world will not end.

I'm hoping to (finally) have more time to craft. AJ is all about football on Sundays, so I think that will be a great time for me to get some scrapbooking done. I can be in the room with him, but we can each be doing something we enjoy. And, when I'm scrapbooking, I can still chat with him, but not talk too much during the important parts of the game!

Tomorrow, we are having some friends over for pizza, then heading over to a wine festival. I'm really excited, but a little nervous, AJ and I each invited more people today, and I'm not sure we have enough chairs anymore! AJ may be running to Target for folding chairs tomorrow morning while I cook.

So, that means I need to go clean the kitchen before he gets home and we go out on our date night! Otherwise, we will either have a messy house and no food tomorrow, or a ton of food, but be too embarrassed to invite people inside!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend...and I hope I have some crafty things to display on Monday!

2 comments:

Becky said...

So glad your first week is over! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I like to craft while Mike watches football too :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

glad your first week went well! this is my 23rd year of teaching high school but i still am hyper organized and need to have everything ready. With being at a new school and teaching a new prep I feel a bit of my game but as long as I am a day ahead of the kids i will be alright!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...