Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Update

Time for a Saturday Update!

First, thank you so much everyone for your wonderful comments about my poor broken toe! It is getting much better, although I still can't bend it all the way - which I do very often, just to see if I can yet. Then I tell AJ it hurts when I do it, and he says, "Well, stop doing that then!"

Second, I got a package from Lawn Fawn! Yay!

I saw this awesome "thankful" card on Lawn Fawn's blog, and while I'm sure I could have come up with a way to make it without buying all the fabulous stamps, I really really wanted them...so I bought all the stamps to make it. I also bought the Cruising Through Life stamps, because that bike is just so fabulous!

I just love how cute they come packaged, all tied up like a present. And you even get a note and a sweet little "thank you" stamp. This time, I got an adorable one that says "thanks." So cute!



Okay, so I realize you can't see them all...so here they are!


As soon as my nails dry, I'm going to get started on using these :)

Um...who else finds it ironic that seconds after I typed, "as soon as my nails dry", I totally smudged one!

And last, before I start my crafty time for today, I wanted to review another Flip Flop wine! Wednesday night, after I broke my toe, AJ and I had their pino grigio and their pino noir.

We started with the grigio. I thought the wine was quite delicious, and the citrus flavors in the wine were super refreshing.

Flipflop suggests pairing this wine with bruschetta or eggplant parmigiana.
We paired it with chicken nuggets, french fries and soup. And it worked well with my "oops, I broke my toe so let's just eat what's in the freezer!" dinner!

This is definitely on my list of wines that would be fabulous during the summer, or at the beach, or on the roof deck, or in the middle of the winter when you want a summery, citrusy pick me up :) Basically, this wine is yummy, good for the beach, and inexpensive, so that is perfect for a girl on a budget like me! Hey, you have to save up the money for those Lawn Fawn stamps!

We also tried their pino noir. The spices in the wine are detectable, and I love that they suggested pairing it with chocolate chip cookies (a favorite of ours). However, we preferred their white wine, with tonight's pino grigio being our favorite wine, and the riesling we tried out two weeks ago our second.

So, this is going to sound weird, but one thing I really like about the actual bottle was that it has a screw top. Now, this may sound like an odd thing to like, but, like I just said, I like to drink wine at the beach (don't worry, I can walk there from here, I do not drink and drive, ever), but the one issue is, my cooler does not let a bottle of wine stand up in it. If I want to keep it cool, it needs to lie on its side. With this bottle, I don't have to worry about the cork getting all messed up, and not being able to go back into the bottle (does this happen to anyone else as often as it happens to me?!) and then the wine getting warm because I need to keep the cooler lid open!

*I was not paid to write this review, however, I was provided this wine from Flipflop wines to review. All of the opinions about the wine above are my own, or AJ's. The picture of the wine is theirs.*

Alright, that's it for me! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I'm off to craft :)

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

loving all of these stamp sets... can't wait to see what you create with them... I don't own any lawn fawn but I am thinking that I might want to.... so cute...

glad your toe is seeing brighter days... lol :)

Tracy said...

I agree with AJ Stop wiggling your toe, lol.
Those stamps look so cute, you are going to have fun with them.
Why is it as soon as we paint our nails we do something to smudge them, lol.

Becky said...

Those stamps are THE cutest! I have done that before, bought all the stamps just because I saw a card I liked. :) Can't wait to see what you make with them! Every time you do a wine review, you make me want a glass. Honestly, my favorite Pinot Grigio is Barefoot. I tried Cupcake Vineyard's and it sucked! Blech! Go figure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...