Thursday, January 5, 2012

December Daily Book and a Recipe

Happy Weekend Eve! One thing I love about 4 day weeks is how quickly the weekend sneaks up on you. I'm so excited to have a nice, relaxing weekend after all of the crazy weekend we had during the Christmas season!

I wanted to share my December Daily book - it came in from Shutterfly yesterday!

This is the cover:

And this is the inside:

And since this was such a quite post, I thought I'd share a recipe too! I kind of missed cooking, I didn't cook at all while we were away for Christmas, and I only cooked once while we were home for break, unless you count when I made mac and cheese from the yummy yummy blue box!

This recipe is for Soy-Honey-Sesame Chicken (I think it needs a shorter name!)


You need:

  • Perdue thin cut chicken cutlets (I usually use 3 for two people)
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
  • Frozen Asian or Stir Fry Veggies (they come in a bag labeled just like that!)
  • Sesame seeds (optional, but I loooove them!)
Preheat the oven to 375. 

Mix the soy sauce, honey and garlic in a bowl. 
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and put it in the soy mixture. Mix it up until the chicken is coated, you can let it sit for up to an hour if you'd like. (Yeah, I always run out of time there...mine sits for like 5 minutes!)
Pour the chicken and all of the marinade into a baking dish. Make sure the chicken is in one layer - I just spread it out with my spatula or fork or whatever I used to mix it up with.

When the chicken has been cooking for 17 minutes (8 minutes left) heat some veggie oil in a big frying pan over medium high heat. 
When there are 5 minutes left, throw the frozen veggies in the pan and saute them until the chicken is done, but don't turn the heat off yet. When the chicken is done, throw everything from the baking dish (the chicken, the yummy slightly caramelized honey-soy sauce in the bottom of the pan, everything!) in the frying pan and mix so everything coated with the soy sauce stuff. 
Sprinkle sesame seeds over everything and mix it up so everything has seeds, you can always add more if you'd like.

Now turn off the heat and you are done!

Sometimes I serve this alone, but other times I serve it with rice. AJ really likes it and its a great way to get people who don't love veggies broccoli to eat veggies broccoli (and by people, I mean me!) because they taste very yummy covered in the soy sauce and honey!


Have a wonderful Thursday!


5 comments:

Becky said...

Your book turned out fantastic!

It's funny because Mike and I were planning the menu for next week and we were looking up chicken recipes. He found one almost identical to this that we both thought sounded good that we're going to try! :)

Tracy said...

Your December Daily is awesome. Love that it is printed in actual book form, so cool.
Your recipe sounds good, I will have to give it to Wayne to try ;)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh does this sound gooooood!! i am going to print this off! love it!

Create With Joy said...

Happy New Year to you! I enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning. The recipe sounds wonderful and your new desk and book are awesome! :-)

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Patrice said...

Great book and a yummy recipe to boot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...