Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finish the Blue and White Blanket {Done}

Part of my summer list was to finish my blue and white blanket.

I started crocheting this blanket in 2008! But crocheting hurts my fingers after a while, so I often do it in bursts.

I tried to work on it a few months ago - I only had 7 rows left to stitch, then the border and I would be done!

Unfortunately, I missed a stitch and didn't realize until I had done four more rows (or one and a half - two hours of work). Normally, if it wasn't noticeable, I'd just keep going at that point, since I was so close to being done and it is just for me and AJ. But this was on the edge and making the side all wonky. So I had to rip it all out. That was enough to kill my motivation for a while.

I brought the blanket home with me to New York last week, figuring it was easy to take on the plane and would be a fun craft for me to do while everyone was at work, but I just couldn't get motivated.

Yesterday, after seeing what I had left to do this summer (and knowing how little time I have to do it!) I decided I was going to finish this blanket.

Two episodes of Craft Wars, one episode of Dance Moms and half of Good Luck Charlie later - I was finally done!


I'm so so excited!

On a completely unrelated note - have you been watching the Olympics?

AJ and I are watching every night.

I love watching the Olympics, but I am not loving the coverage! I find it a little choppy, they show one event, then go to another, then back to the first, then a new one, then back to the second, I find it hard to get into any one event! And I'm a little unhappy that it goes so late, I wasn't able to see the American girls win the gold for gymnastics, because I had to go to bed.

But, I still love watching. They're only on every four years - the last time, I was in college, didn't know AJ yet, was living in New York and was working on this blanket (okay, some things stay the same!)

8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is beautiful!!! greatjob

Mary Jo said...

It turned out great!
Ugh. Isn't that the worst? When a mistake puts you off? I have had that happen twice to me. And one of the projects I have yet to redo.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

It is beautiful! Love that blue color!! I have been watching some of the Olympics. I skipped last night but watched the night before. It is choppy, you're right. We were talking about where we were 4 years ago (Key West on vacation). So much changes in 4 years!!

SandeeNC said...

The blanket turned out beautifully, awesome job even if took you....uhm....awhile to complete it! lol You can stream the Olympic live if that helps you out any, at least it wouldn't be jumping around...I'm guessing, cause I'm content to sit in front of the TV! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Becky said...

WOW, your blanket looks AMAZING!!! So awesome you finished it! (we watch Craft Wars, Dance Moms and Good Luck Charlie too) We've been watching the Olympics also. I'm with you, wishing it didn't go so late. I about fall asleep to it every night ;)

Jules said...

The blanket is just beautiful...I would love to learn to crochet!

Tracy said...

Your afghan is beautiful. It must feel soooo good to have it completed.
Had to chuckle at you working on it when the last summer Olympics were on.
Funny how time really does fly.
I haven't watched too much of them as I have been so busy these last couple of weeks.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautifully done! A project to be proud of! Wishing you a good week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...