Last week, I shared a layout using one of my favorite styles - making a collage! There were a few questions about how I put them together, so I decided to put together a tutorial! This one is for you Becky :)
1. Decide how big you want to the layout to be and what size borders you want. In this example, I am using two 12 x 12 pages - so they layout is 12 x 24 total. I also want to have 1 inch borders on all four sides of the layout. This means I have a 10 x 22 space to work with (after subtracting the borders from the total size).
2. Mark the space you have to work with on a cutting mat. Also mark where the center (split) of the layout will be.
3. Layout out the pictures in the grid. If pictures overlap, trim them to fit the space. At this point, I take a fast picture on my phone in case the pictures get knocked out of place.
4. Cut the borders for the layout. You could do this before laying out the pictures, but I like to do it after, in case I need to change the size of the borders after laying out the pictures.
6. Transfer the pictures from the grid onto the paper. I just take each picture, and put it on the paper in the same spot that it was on my grid.
7. Add colored paper in to the blank spaces in the collage. I line up the paper upside down and mark where it needs to be cut so it fits exactly into the space.
8. Add a title.
9. And journaling.
10. And enjoy your layout!