Friday, January 10, 2014

Project Life 2013 {11.25 - 12.1 & 12.2 - 12.8}

Yay! Its finally Friday!

Why is it the first week back at school after a long break always feels super long? Oh well, its Friday now!

I am really hoping to finish my Project Life pages this weekend. I ordered the pictures, but they are stuck in Michigan and haven't arrived yet!

But until then, I do have these pages that I haven't shared yet.

My parents were in town over Thanksgiving. We visited Cafe du Monde (oh my goodness - the beignets were amazing!), a plantation near Baton Rouge, the Mississippi River, LSU and the state capitol building!

On actual Thanksgiving, my mom took a ton of pictures for me! I really appreciated it, because I'm never usually in any pictures!

This week I decided to include an insert with one of my mom and AJ's Scrabble score sheets. They both really love (and are really good at) Scrabble. But my dad and I don't really like to play. So when they get together, they always break out the board game!

Since I didn't have a ton of stuff to put in the insert, I just cut one down, then adhered the edge to the page behind it so it wouldn't slide around too much (that's what that gold washi tape on the side is all about). And on the back, I just added another picture of our tree!

This year was the second year that I did December Daily + Project Life. You can see the DD pages about this week here, here and here

The first week in December was all about putting up the Christmas decorations, taking out the Christmas china and wearing lots of Christmas earrings! On that vertical card in the middle of the second page, I just wrote the lyrics to my favorite Christmas song - Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. Its been my favorite for as long as I can remember and every time it comes on, I'll stop whatever I'm doing to sing along. AJ particularly loves if this happens while we are having a conversation in the car ;)

Do you have any stop everything and listen songs in your life?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

9 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love that song too! I even heard a remake of it on a Christmas cd we got this year (I don't like it as much as the original). What fun pages and activities. Love your new header too!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome pages again!!
too cute about your favorite song!

Jules said...

I guess it has been way too long since I have broken out the Scrabble...I didn't even know there was score cards! How exciting that you are almost done with 2013....my Selphy software is not working on my computer, so that has got me really bummed out...don't know what I am going to do. Hope you have a great weekend!

Becky said...

So great your mom took all the photos at thanksgiving for you so you were in some! Great idea about the washi! And I love that you included the scrabble score card, I'm not good at that game either!!

Mary Jo said...

LOL, too funny about stopping to sing favorite songs! I love to sing around the house with the kids and am always stopping when a fave song comes on.

Great pages, Katie! Love the photo of you with the turkey. And the ornament pics.

Mary Jo said...

darn! Just left you a big ole comment and got an error sign. Trying again.

Becky said...

Oh man Katie, I think I'm losing it. I feel like commented on on this post too. I KNOW I read it, because I loved the washi on the scrabble score card and thought it was such a great idea to adhere it down like that and loved that you included it in your week. Plus I loved that your mom took a bunch of pics so you were included in some of them! I think I'm crazy! haha!

Tracy said...

I really love all of your PL pages Katie.
Happy you had a wonderful holiday.

SandeeNC said...

I am sure that AJ loves to be serenaded by his wife! lol Who cares what he was saying? Love the OL, and the "selfie" I saw in there, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...