Thursday, January 9, 2014

{Wedding} Invitations and Mad Libs RSVP

Right after AJ and I got engaged, I started designing our wedding invitations.

I think I had the invitations, and our periodic table themed save the dates ready to go less than a week after we'd been engaged!

Even though our save the dates were science themed, our wedding was not. It was fall theme. And since my favorite thing about the fall is the leaves, you know our invitations had to have a tree on them!

This was our invitation suite. There are two things I am super proud of in this set.

The first is the accommodations card (in the middle of the picture). It opened up like a tri fold. So the front said "The Details", and you opened it up the first fold to see the tree, and when you opened it up all the way, it had the hotel information, directions to the church, directions to the reception venue and our wedding website. There was so much information to include, but I loved how it turned out!

The other is our RSVP card. We had seen mad libs RSVPs on a few websites, and pinterest, so we took a bit from each of our favorites and made our own!

On the front, we had the tree + a mad libs from us (complete with a font mimicked after my own handwriting!) We changed up the words on this card, so there were four different cards that we sent out! Then, on the back, we asked our guests to RSVP with their own mad libs!

Everyone really got into the RSVPs! One of my favorite things were the little notes people added to the cards.



Lots of people blamed the teacher for giving them homework! Or commented that they could remember their parts of speech (we couldn't either, hahaha, we had trouble figuring out what parts of speech to write for a few of the blanks!)

But this RSVP from an uninvited guest was my personal favorite!


Don't worry, he forgave AJ and I quickly...especially because AJ always helps him up the stairs before bed!


Hehehe :)

Well, its Thursday, which means it is my craziest day at work! I am so looking forward to the end of the day :) What are you up to today?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

8 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Your invitations are stunning and perfect for a fall wedding. I love how they are so personal and even use a font based on your handwriting! That trifold details card is awesome!! The mad libs were SO fun and creative! I bet people loved them. I remember rediscovering Mad Libs with my kids (I always loved them) and getting much better at our parts of speech! :) The one from Benny is too cute! I hope you have a nice, stress free and quick day!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a totally fun thing to do!
i used to LOVE madlibs when i was little! very fun and creative

Jules said...

Your invitation suite was beautiful and truly perfect for your fall themed wedding. The mad libs are so much fun and I am sure make for great keepsakes from your big day. And if I know you, you have already come up with an incredibly crafty way to combine them all!

SandeeNC said...

That's so fun and yes, Benny's response was priceless! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Tracy said...

Beautiful set.
I love the replies, that is so fun and a treasure to have for years :)

Tracy said...

Beautiful set.
I love the replies, that is so fun and a treasure to have for years :)

Becky said...

Katie, I would expect nothing less! So amazing!! I absolutely love the mad libs idea and how funny, the one from Benny!

Becky said...

I thought I had commented on these, but maybe I didn't hit publish. I love these so much and would expect nothing less Katie! The mad libs idea is awesome I bet everyone loved it!! Poor Benny Haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...