Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Dress {Wedding Recaps}


The last we left off with the wedding recaps, the girls had all gotten ready, and all that was left was to put on my dress!

So there is going to be a zillion gagillion pictures in this post. Mostly because I really really really really loved my dress. It was the first one I found when we went shopping in Chicago, and it was exactly what I'd imagined wearing on my wedding day!

Getting to finally wear my dress was one of my favorite things about the wedding! You know, aside from marrying AJ and getting to spend the whole day with our family and friends ;)

Of course, before the dress there are all the details about the dress!
the shoes
wedding present jewlery
my something borrowed (my mom's pearls - her wedding gift from my dad) & my something old (my Nonni's wedding band)
my flowers, my something blue (the garters my Nonni made me - including a blue and orange Mets themed one!)
my colorful flowers
the girls' white flowers
my dress, shot from below!
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
And then there is the dress itself. Hanging in a tree in my backyard! Apparently, while this picture was being taken, the girls were all watching from the window, worried it would fall. But Amy, my photographer, does this all the time, so I didn't worry at all!

And good thing - because if it fell, I have no idea what we would have done! And if I thought about that...I would have been super freaked out!
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
 Once it was out of the tree, and my veil was on, it was time to put it on!
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
 And button it up...
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
 And stare in the mirror :)
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
 But not for too long, because then it was time to put on my jewelry.
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
 And head downstairs to see everyone!
Photo Credit: Ruby Star Photography
Before I knew it, we were leaving for the church!

Did your photographer, or any of your vendors, give you anything to worry about that day - like my dress in a tree?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

8 comments:

Jules said...

I know I have said it before, but you were a gorgeous bride...and your dress was absolutely perfect for you!!!

Mary Jo said...

Just gorgeous!!! And you look so calm :)

My aisle runner was too short, but at that point I didn't care.

And the people at the reception hall spelt my last name wrong on the sign. When I told them, she was like, "do you want us to change it?"
Um, yes! :)
Otherwise, I just went with the flow :)

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Your pictures are exquisite!!
I am so jealous -
they are amazing I can only imagine how the rest of the days pictures went!!

Tracy said...

I love these photos.
I didn't have a wedding so I am living through you ;)
Actually today is my 26 wedding anniversary :)
I saw the photo of your dress in the tree on Pinterest…didn't realize it was yours!!
Great photo.

Becky said...

I love that last picture! My absolute favorite!!

bubblegum casting said...

Ahhh that is a beautiful dress! just fab

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I loved seeing the dress in the tree though I'd be worrying about it falling too! I'm glad you were so relaxed about it! The dress and you were absolutely gorgeous! I loved seeing all of your special accessories too!! What a cool shot of the dress from underneath!

model mayhem said...

You seem so quaint, just lovely :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...